Start of the class
GitHub Session 3 – Instructor Charles
Today, our students began with their GitHub lesson with Instructor Charles. This was their 3rd session on GitHub and the main topic was Collaboration.
What was covered in today’s session?
Some of the topics and things looked at in the GitHub Session with the Instructor included but were not limited to:
Topics looked at – GitHub Session 3
- Reviewing the GitHub pages of the students
- Collaboration on GitHub
- What are issues?
- What are pull requests?
- What is forking?
- Creating forks
- Creating pull requests
- Creating the first open-source contribution
And many more other points were looked at in the session.
Touch typing Session – Instructor Ronald
After the Cron session with Instructor Charles, the students had a break of 10 minutes from 10:50 AM to 11:00 PM and then come back to the zoom class and the Touch typing session began with Instructor Ronald.
Here is the progress of the students in their touch typing:
- Wasswa Male Enock – Completed all the Touch typing modules
- Nakayiza Kevina – On module 490 of Touch-typing
- Ahimbisibwe Jesca – On module 560 of Touch-typing
- Tugume Hastings – On module 478 of Touch-typing
- Nanteza Nuriat – On module 362 of Touch-typing
- Kasaija Marvin – On module 129 of Touch-typing
- Kwaga Winnie – On module 498 of Touch-typing
- Poor internet network connection on the side of some of the students.
Overall this session was a success. We shall start from there tomorrow and ensure to start from where we left off.
Thank you for reading.