Start of the class
CronJob Session 2 (End of Cron) – Instructor David
The students started their Full-stack Web Development class with Session 2 of the CronJob, which was led by Instructor David.
What was covered in today’s session? – Cron Session
Some of the topics and things looked at in the Cron Session 2 with the Instructor included but were not limited to:
Topics looked at – Cron Session 2
- How to execute a crontab file
- How to Create Backups of folders, and files using cron jobs
- Crontab syntax and operators continued
And many more other points were looked at in the session.
From the wider perspective of the session, most of the students found the Cron topic really challenging especially when it came to executing certain activities on their machines (computers) using Cron commands.
Touch typing Session – Instructor Ronald
After the Cron session with Instructor David, the students had a break of 10 minutes from 10:50 AM to 11:00 PM and then come back to the zoom class and the Touch typing session began with Instructor Ronald.
Here is the progress of the students in their touch typing:
- Wasswa Male Enock – Completed all the Touch typing modules
- Nakayiza Kevina – On module 472 of Touch-typing
- Ahimbisibwe Jesca – On module 550 of Touch-typing
- Tugume Hastings – On module 440 of Touch-typing
- Nanteza Nuriat – On module 291 of Touch-typing
- Kasaija Marvin – On module 101 of Touch-typing
- Poor internet network connection on the side of some of the students.
- Some of the students arrive late.
- Background noise and disturbances on the side of some of our students.
- Slow progress in Touch-typing in some of the students.
Overall this session was a success. We shall start from there tomorrow and ensure to start from where we left off.
Thank you for reading.