Start of the class
Git Session 2 – Instructor David
Today, our students went ahead with their lessons in the Full-stack Developer course, beginning with session 2 of their Git class with Instructor David.
Before continuing with the second session of Git, greetings were exchanged between the students and the Instructor (Instructor David), and then a recap of what was covered in the previous session was done.
What was covered in today’s session? – Git session 2
Some of the topics and things looked at in the Git session 2 with the Instructor included but were not limited to:
Topics looked at – Git session 2
- Git (A simple explanation and view of what git is as a whole)
- Basic commands in git
- git config
- git init
- git commit
- git add
- git push
- Creating branches
- How to checkout a branch
- How to list the branches
- git diff
- git log —oneline
- Creating local and remote repos
And many more other points were looked at in the session.
The students seemed intrigued with what git was and what it could do. And with that, they raised questions to their Instructor.
Here are some of the questions that they put forward to their Instructor:
Nakayiza to Instructor David
What do u mean by unstaging?
Winnie to Instructor David
When I use git add . , I am adding all the untracked files to the staging area?
Touch typing Session – Instructor Ronald
After the Git session with Instructor David, the students had a break of 10 minutes from 10:50 AM to 11:00 PM and then come back to the zoom class and the Touch typing session began with Instructor Ronald.
Here is the progress of the students in their touch typing:
- Wasswa Male Enock – Completed all the Touch typing modules
- Nakayiza Kevina – On module 456 of Touch-typing
- Kwaga Winnie – On module 492 of Touch-typing
- Ahimbisibwe Jesca – On module 549 of Touch-typing
- Emenyu Joel – On module 500 of Touch-typing
- Some of the trainees attended using phones
- Some of the students were unable to attend the today’s class due to many reasons which include:
- Poor network connection
- Death of a relative
- Attending to sick relatives
Overall this session was a success. Some trainees about 2 of them attended using phones but we recommended them to their computers the next time since the instructions are to attend the sessions using a computer.
We shall start from there tomorrow and ensure to start from where we left off.
Thank you for reading.